Drive Motor Battery Packs, often referred to as High-Voltage Batteries or Hybrid Batteries, are used in Hybrid Electric (HEV), Plug-In Hybrid Electric (PHEV) and Electric (EV) vehicles to power the electric propulsion motors. These batteries are recharged through regenerative braking, a plug-in charger (if the vehicle is equipped), or an internal combustion engine (HEV only). Over time, the Drive Motor Battery pack eventually loses its ability to hold a charge or suffers an internal failure. At CARDONE, we know that hybrid & electric vehicles are special, just like their forward-thinking owners and talented service technicians. It’s our mission to support these earth-friendly and high-performance vehicles with rigorously engineered and tested parts that are remanufactured to O.E. or better performance. CARDONE’s Drive Motor Battery Packs are remanufactured to utilize the best-available components and strictest testing requirements to get your hybrid or electric vehicle back on the road at a fraction of the O.E. replacement cost. CARDONE has been an aftermarket pioneer in electrical products since we first opened our doors in 1970. As the surge of new hybrid and full electric powertrains begins to gain momentum, CARDONE is already out in front with our ReCharged line of products specifically tailored to meet the demands of this rapidly expanding category.
- Renewal Cell Battery Packs: Each battery module is thoroughly validated through more than 20 hours of advanced testing protocols prior to acceptance for use in a remanufactured battery pack.
- New Cell Battery Packs: The battery pack has been upgraded with NEW battery cells that provide equal or higher capacity than OEM.
- After using proprietary module pairing algorithms, the assembled battery pack is balanced and subjected to a gauntlet of charging, energy, and discharging tests to verify that each module is operating at a consistent efficiency.
- As equipped, the Battery Electronic Control Units, relays, fans, and other internal components are renewed and 100% tested to guarantee proper function and cooling of the battery pack.
- Terminal nuts and connectors are electro-tin-plated to prevent corrosion and improve conductivity.
- If equipped, sheet metal covers are powder-coated to increase corrosion protection and appearance.
- Battery packs are shipped in reusable containers to improve the product’s overall sustainability and facilitate easier core returns.
Complete the Check It Fits tool and confirm all information in the Fitment Details section above to ensure you select the right part for your application.
CoreWhat is a core? A core is a used automotive part that is returned to the remanufacturer instead of being scrapped. Why return cores? Cores are literally at the “core” of the remanufacturing process, because they are the raw material used to start the remanufacturing process. That’s why remanufacturers buy cores back from customers, and they pay the most for good quality cores. If a core has too much damage in key areas, it may be unusable or require extra resources to process; therefore a reduced core payment may be awarded. This core policy explains potential deductions that may be taken from the core price if certain components are missing or damaged. What is remanufacturing? Remanufacturing is the process of taking used parts, completely disassembling and thoroughly cleaning them, replacing the worn components with original quality components, and restoring them to their original function. Every unit is 100% tested to ensure O.E. performance. Why “reman”? PRODUCTS
Reman captures used, durable goods like auto parts and puts them “back on the road” to new and sometimes better than new performance. Reman provides the opportunity for detection of common failure modes and incorporation of design improvements to prevent repeat failure.
Reman products cost consumers about 40% less than new. Reman products are one of the few “green” products that actually costs less than their “non-green” counterparts.
Reman saves up to 86% of the energy required to build a new unit. Reman realizes Greenhouse Gas savings of up to 25 lbs. per unit over new. Reman saves up to 85% of the raw material required to produce a new unit by reusing existing products. Reman is even more sustainable than recycling, as product castings are preserved rather than melted down to raw material, saving energy and reducing emissions.