CARDONE has extensive experience in remanufacturing CV Drive Axles – we’ve spent over three decades re-engineering materials and processes to arrive at a superior, longer-lasting product. Our proprietary pneumatic clamping machines create a perfect seal between the boot and housing, creating a water-tight seal. The perfect geometry of the ball groove is maintained to allow for proper grease flow, significantly increasing longevity. Additionally, all CV Drive Axle shafts are individually verified for straightness, resulting in vibration-free performance at all speeds.
- As a remanufactured Original Equipment part, this unit guarantees a perfect vehicle fit.
- Boot clamps are pneumatically crimped, creating a perfect seal between the boot and housing.
- CV Drive Axle is measured after assembly to ensure proper fit.
- CV Drive Axle shafts are inspected for run out to prevent vibration.
- High-quality grease withstands high-temperature and pressure extremes, which extends joint life.
- High-tech grinding machines maintain the original design of the outer housing, race and cage to guarantee reliable performance.
- Neoprene boots ensure excellent environmental stress resistance, which eliminates cracking - a leading cause of boot failure.
- Our remanufacturing process is earth-friendly, as it reduces the energy and raw material needed to make a new part by 80%.
- Splines are chased to ensure proper fit of the axle into the mating hub and transmission, which eliminates installation hassles.
- Threads are chased to ensure proper fit of the new retaining nut supplied with each CV Drive axle.
- A new axle retaining nut is supplied with every unit for a hassle-free installation, due to the likelihood that the original retaining nut is worn or stripped
- Boot clamps are pneumatically crimped, creating a perfect seal between the boot and housing
- CV Drive Axle measurements are validated after assembly to ensure a proper fit
- CV Drive Axle part numbers with an â€œHDâ€� suffix are severe-duty applications and include a thermoplastic outboard boot for increased life and durability versus a traditional neoprene boot.
- High-quality grease withstands high-temperature and high-torque demands to ensure long-lasting, reliable performance
- Neoprene boots are designed with additional bellows, when needed, to resist bellow stress and cracking, which is the leading cause of boot failure
- Proprietary engineering processes ensure that all CV Drive Axles meet O.E. form, fit and function
- Splines are precision rolled to ensure proper fit of CV Drive Axle into the mating hub and transmission, which eliminates installation hassles
- Threads are precision rolled to ensure proper fit when axle nut is installed
- Transmission seal diameter is precision-machined after heat treatment to ensure correct surface finish, promoting long seal life
Complete the Check It Fits tool and confirm all information in the Fitment Details section above to ensure you select the right part for your application.
CoreWhat is a core? A core is a used automotive part that is returned to the remanufacturer instead of being scrapped. Why return cores? Cores are literally at the “core” of the remanufacturing process, because they are the raw material used to start the remanufacturing process. That’s why remanufacturers buy cores back from customers, and they pay the most for good quality cores. If a core has too much damage in key areas, it may be unusable or require extra resources to process; therefore a reduced core payment may be awarded. This core policy explains potential deductions that may be taken from the core price if certain components are missing or damaged. What is remanufacturing? Remanufacturing is the process of taking used parts, completely disassembling and thoroughly cleaning them, replacing the worn components with original quality components, and restoring them to their original function. Every unit is 100% tested to ensure O.E. performance. Why “reman”? PRODUCTS
Reman captures used, durable goods like auto parts and puts them “back on the road” to new and sometimes better than new performance. Reman provides the opportunity for detection of common failure modes and incorporation of design improvements to prevent repeat failure.
Reman products cost consumers about 40% less than new. Reman products are one of the few “green” products that actually costs less than their “non-green” counterparts.
Reman saves up to 86% of the energy required to build a new unit. Reman realizes Greenhouse Gas savings of up to 25 lbs. per unit over new. Reman saves up to 85% of the raw material required to produce a new unit by reusing existing products. Reman is even more sustainable than recycling, as product castings are preserved rather than melted down to raw material, saving energy and reducing emissions.