CARDONE Remanufactured Power Steering Pumps are engineered to meet or exceed O.E. performance. Original designs are scrutinized for potential improvement, and where applicable, design upgrades are implemented to produce a more durable part than the original. All critical components are tested to ensure proper function. Every unit undergoes a hydraulic efficiency test to ensure reliable, long-lasting performance.
- All critical components (cam packs, spool valves, etc.) are triple-tested to ensure product reliability.
- All units are built with 100% new O-rings and premium-grade HNBR seals to prevent leaks. HNBR does not break down at high temperatures like conventional seal material.
- Shafts are surfaced to precise specifications to eliminate premature seal wear and extend pump life.
- Units are supplied with 100% tested and calibrated pressure relief valves.
- Final pump assembly is computer-tested to measure pressure, bypass, fluid flow, valve operation, steering effort and noise to ensure reliable performance.
- As a remanufactured Original Equipment part, this unit guarantees a perfect vehicle fit.
- Our remanufacturing process is earth-friendly, as it reduces the energy and raw material needed to make a new part by 80%.
Complete the Check It Fits tool and confirm all information in the Fitment Details section above to ensure you select the right part for your application.
CoreWhat is a core? A core is a used automotive part that is returned to the remanufacturer instead of being scrapped. Why return cores? Cores are literally at the “core” of the remanufacturing process, because they are the raw material used to start the remanufacturing process. That’s why remanufacturers buy cores back from customers, and they pay the most for good quality cores. If a core has too much damage in key areas, it may be unusable or require extra resources to process; therefore a reduced core payment may be awarded. This core policy explains potential deductions that may be taken from the core price if certain components are missing or damaged. What is remanufacturing? Remanufacturing is the process of taking used parts, completely disassembling and thoroughly cleaning them, replacing the worn components with original quality components, and restoring them to their original function. Every unit is 100% tested to ensure O.E. performance. Why “reman”? PRODUCTS - Reman captures used, durable goods like auto parts and puts them “back on the road” to new and sometimes better than new performance. Reman provides the opportunity for detection of common failure modes and incorporation of design improvements to prevent repeat failure.
ECONOMY - Reman products cost consumers about 40% less than new. Reman products are one of the few “green” products that actually costs less than their “non-green” counterparts.
ENVIRONMENTAL - Reman saves up to 86% of the energy required to build a new unit. Reman realizes Greenhouse Gas savings of up to 25 lbs. per unit over new. Reman saves up to 85% of the raw material required to produce a new unit by reusing existing products. Reman is even more sustainable than recycling, as product castings are preserved rather than melted down to raw material, saving energy and reducing emissions.