The steering gear box is the heart of the vehicle’s steering system. It guides the wheels’ movement in conjunction with the direction that the steering wheel is rotated, helping achieve ideal steering response for more efficient driving. CARDONE Remanufactured Steering Gear Boxes are re-engineered, built and tested to match O.E. performance. Each unit features 100% new O-rings and lip seals to ensure leak-free, long-lasting performance. Shafts are surfaced to precise specifications to eliminate premature seal wear and extend gear life. All units are 100% hydraulically tested to ensure perfect fit and function.
- 100% hydraulic testing measures for proper flow, leakage and performance to ensure perfect fit and function.
- 100% new O-rings and lip seals ensure leak-free, long-lasting performance.
- All critical components are tested to ensure product reliability.
- Shafts are surfaced to precise specifications to eliminate premature seal wear and extend gear life.
- Rust inhibitive "Cool Dip" finish is a penetrating dye that completely covers all exposed surfaces for a consistent, protective finish that will not crack, flake or peel.
- As a remanufactured Original Equipment part, this unit guarantees a perfect vehicle fit.
- Our remanufacturing process is earth-friendly, as it reduces the energy and raw material needed to make a new part by 80%.
Complete the Check It Fits tool and confirm all information in the Fitment Details section above to ensure you select the right part for your application.
CoreWhat is a core? A core is a used automotive part that is returned to the remanufacturer instead of being scrapped. Why return cores? Cores are literally at the “core” of the remanufacturing process, because they are the raw material used to start the remanufacturing process. That’s why remanufacturers buy cores back from customers, and they pay the most for good quality cores. If a core has too much damage in key areas, it may be unusable or require extra resources to process; therefore a reduced core payment may be awarded. This core policy explains potential deductions that may be taken from the core price if certain components are missing or damaged. What is remanufacturing? Remanufacturing is the process of taking used parts, completely disassembling and thoroughly cleaning them, replacing the worn components with original quality components, and restoring them to their original function. Every unit is 100% tested to ensure O.E. performance. Why “reman”? PRODUCTS
Reman captures used, durable goods like auto parts and puts them “back on the road” to new and sometimes better than new performance. Reman provides the opportunity for detection of common failure modes and incorporation of design improvements to prevent repeat failure.
Reman products cost consumers about 40% less than new. Reman products are one of the few “green” products that actually costs less than their “non-green” counterparts.
Reman saves up to 86% of the energy required to build a new unit. Reman realizes Greenhouse Gas savings of up to 25 lbs. per unit over new. Reman saves up to 85% of the raw material required to produce a new unit by reusing existing products. Reman is even more sustainable than recycling, as product castings are preserved rather than melted down to raw material, saving energy and reducing emissions.